Rumors abound in the internet regarding a new DS SKU being announced in a press conference on Wednesday. Nintendo has neither confirmed nor denied the claim.
Why I think there really is a new DS coming out.
- Everyone already has one. Why buy one more? Unless of course there’s something in there.
- The DS lite design is a couple of years old and will need a refit other than colors.
- They need something to keep the excitement about the DS alive when there’s a resurgence of the PSP.
Why I think there will not be another DS coming out.
- The old one still works.
- People will still buy a new DS just change the color.
- They’re actually announcing the next generation hand held device.
Note that I have used the word device instead of handheld gaming console. Which means could they be adding something new?